Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2 - Reframing the Season

Each Holiday Season since losing my baby girl, Lily, I wonder what it would be like if she would have been born. I imagine our house being so very busy and full of life like it is with Mallory. I often wonder if Mallory would be here too or if Lily's purpose was for us to be blessed by Mallory a year later. I love my dear Lily so much and anticipate the day I can hold my baby for the first. But will Lily be a baby when I get to heaven, or will have she grown up into a beautiful woman.... I hope to not find out for many, many years. I also know that until the day we are reunited, that is she is in splendid care...

Thus, when I stare at my tree, I will always think of my sweet first child, Lily Elaine....

1 comment:

  1. We do have assurance that whatever Lily's physical limitations may have been had she come to live with you, in heaven she is a perfectly formed child of God. She is very happy where she is, and on the day the two of you are reunited, you will know each other instantly!

    ReplyDelete